There was always a need for a proper place to store my several pairs of sport shoes. It had to be in the veranda. Visiting www.pinterest.com gave me some clues, but I adapted my own when I did. It was directly connected with the available 'junk'.
I needed two long 1x3 pieces of wood, 69 inches long, lots of patience and a large bagful of time. And something to make the racks. I got them all today.
I looked for wooden beading pieces for the racks but there were not many. So wrote it off. Then a Eureka moment. Two ten-feet lengths of aluminium double channels which I did not need were posing problems of storage as they were rendered useless. These were the one that would suit.
That is the place I wanted to have the rack. The boxes are removed for this picture - for pre-cleaning.
I cut the channels as per planned measurements and folded the pieces at two places. These would serve as racks. This was a better way of 'getting rid of them' as taking to the shop for refund or exchange was not feasible - due to its 10-feet. They had come with other materials in a goods vehicle last year but only two other channels were of use and these two were left overs.
Wok in progress. The racks are being nailed to the wood. I gave a slight slant backwards so that when the shoe box is kept, it would stay in place properly.
Rack in place. I secured the rack to the mesh behind it with wires.
There, that is my space saver shoe rack.